* AllThereIsToKnowAboutTheCryingGame: Episode 23 showcases Juliet and Romeo fighting against each other due to clashing differences. Episode 24? The second half is a WhamEpisode and MoodWhiplash all at once. [[spoiler:You just know that this anime is going to end horribly, but when Romeo dies first to protect Juliet, and then Juliet sacrifices herself to save the floating colony, you realize the ending was a TearJerker waiting to happen]].
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Composed by the same guy who did the music for ''VideoGame/FinalFantasyTactics''!
** ''YOU RAISE ME UUUUUUP...''
* DieForOurShip: Poor Hermione.
** It's made even more ironic when one remembers that in the show, Juliet [[BerserkButton would not abide disrespect of any kind toward Hermione.]] These particular fans of hers certainly aren't living by her example...
* IdiotPlot: The Capulet faction can be forgiven for keeping Juliet hidden and making her pose as a boy, since everyone knows the last remaining Capulet is female and they can't afford to leave Neo Verona itself. Keeping Juliet LockedOutOfTheLoop ''in regards to her own heritage until her DangerousSixteenthBirthday'', however, is downright '''idiotic''' since it means Juliet is completely unprepared to become the leader of the group and command them against the tyrannical Montague regime, [[BreakTheCutie and it takes a HEAVY mental/emotional toll on her.]] And they're shocked and even ''angry'' that the poor girl is completely shocked and unable to handle it at first? '''''Please'''''!
* ItWasHisSled: Romeo and Juliet die. If you weren't expecting that then you've never taken a high school English class.
* TheLoad: Poor Benvolio. Though at least he's not a DamselScrappy.
** Ophelia is at first a simple MysteriousWaif, but as the story continues and her ''actual'' role in the story is revealed, she becomes [[TheOphelia completely unhinged]] and increasingly AxCrazy...
** The idea of [[spoiler:the Capulet daughters [[PoweredbyAForsakenChild becoming one with Escalus]] to keep Neo Verona alive]]...
** The Capulet Massacre is scary enough, but [[spoiler:Portia]]'s memory of [[spoiler:the blood-covered Leontes explaining that he has killed them all while giving an EvilLaugh]] is creepy as FUCK.
* SuperlativeDubbing: Yep, there's some inevitable YeOldeButcheredeEnglishe, but it's worth enduring it to hear many of Shakespeare's original lines ([[ShoutOut from more than just Romeo and Juliet]]) paired with beautifully animated scenes and wonderfully delivered by some very talented voice actors.