- Crowning Moment of Funny: Your conversation with Erikson while tracking down Steelbeard's treasure chests.
- Idiot Plot: Risen 3. The plot depends on Bones not telling the hero that he noticed suspicious behaviour in one of their crewmates. He even tells the hero there was always "something more important" than telling the hero there might be a traitor on board that is sabotaging the mission. This is supposed to be funny and part of Bones' quirkiness but actually pushes your Lancer into What an Idiot territory.
- Game Breaker: Guardians in Risen 3 can become ridiculously powerful. Not only do the Elemental Punch spells ludicrous damage, but Guardians also get access to two very useful support spells: Rust which lets you bypass lockpicking and Heal which lets you... well, guess. Once you powerlevel your magic stat (which isn't all that hard) you won't have problems ever again.
- Magnificent Bastard: Garcia. He and his pirates kill Commander Corrientes and his soldiers, hide their bodies, steal their clothes and impersonate them. He convinces the natives of being their ally and even fools the Hero into doing the dirty work for him.
- Sequelitis: The first game in the series is considered to be good, and a more worthy successor to the first two Gothic games than the actual sequels. However, even though Risen 2 and 3 have their fans, they haven't been as well regarded in general, mainly because of the combat.
- Win Back the Crowd: Though still a Base Breaker, Risen 3 has been considered a huge improvement over Risen 2.