For the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers Fan Fic:
- Fanon: Rhyme and Reason coined the names Chip Maplewood and Dale Oakmont, which has been used by fanfic writers ever since.
- Follow the Leader: Averted, interestingly. Although it was the first of its kind, both its sheer size, quality and intensity actually intimidated the early Rangerphiles and made them shy away from writing fan fiction because they knew that they'd never be able to even come close to it. The CDRR fanfic tradition was actually launched a year later by The RoboNerd's series The Adventures of Gadget Hackwrench which was meant to be continued by other writers. Its own first episode, Sizable Chances, became the first part of a wholly different line of highly-acclaimed fanfics, but that's another story.
- Played straight in that it inspired following writers to give their stories a Darker and Edgier tone. Then again, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers' canonical setting begged for darker and more intense stories.
- Also, it introduced Chip and Dale's fanonical last names that many Rangerphiles have adopted ever since, including in Fan Fiction.
- Magnificent Bastard: Ivana. So very, very much in so many ways.
- Memetic Mutation: At the fan forum The Acorn Cafe, there is a meme created by 8-Bit Star that states that certain things have been "invented by Ivana M. Killjoy to distract us while she kills the Rangers."
- One-Scene Wonder: Rhyme and Reason brings back many one-shot characters from the show. It actually differs from later CDRR fanfics in that it doesn't feature the famous Ensemble Darkhorses like Foxglove or Tammy a lot, if at all, while including characters never to be seen again in fanfic.