- Crowning Music of Awesome: Pretty much the entire game, but the notable standouts include Stage 3 (Ken Ishii's "Creation (The State of Art)") and Stage 5 (Adam Freeland's "Fear (Don's Magical Adventure Mix)", which samples its main riff from Marlena Shaw's version of "California Soul").
- Double Subverted with the Area 4 music ("ROCK IS SPONGE"). For most of the level, you get a cool, percussion-heavy piece. Then, out of nowhere, a random electric guitar appears in the boss. At first this seems jarring... but then you put the rest of the level out of your mind... and realize that the boss music is AWESOME.
- Fridge Horror: Eden is shutting itself down because it's under so much stress from trying to handle so much information. You're tasked with...forcing it back into duty.
- Play the Game, Skip the Story: Ooh, pretty lights!
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: The game has been likened to TRON on ecstasy.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: The AI's name is Eden. Area 5 is a tour of the evolution of life from single-celled organisms, to sea life, to the migration to land, and ultimately, either leaving Earth to colonize other planets or the Ascent To A Higher Plane Of Existence (depending on your interpretation).
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: A common reaction to seeing gameplay footage.