YMMV: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The character most featured in released screenshots is fan favourite HUNK whose absence in Resident Evil 5 had him as the most requested character for DLC. Krauser and Barry are also in.
- Game Breaker: Rebecca's loadout. She only gets two weapons, a submachine gun and a grenade launcher primed with explosive rounds but they're damn useful. The submachine gun is good for wider hits and the Grenade launcher is good for clearing crowds and when used in conjunction with the submachine gun and the right skills, can kill off a Garrador in short order. Even better is that said loadout also starts you out with 5 herbs from the off. And since you can equip any character with any loadout, giving someone like HUNK or Wesker this loadout makes them near untouchable.
- Rebecca's Flame Grenade Launcher and Claire's Electric Grenade Launcher can fit in here. With some good aim and the help of the laser sight you can use any of the two launchers as a deadly, splash damage causing sniper rifle and score some real monstrous long range multi-kills. HUNK's flash launcher works to a lesser extent if any of the enemies have become Cephalos or Duvalias since flash grenades instantly kill any parasites.
- Even with the Weapon Master skill (Which powers your weapons but severely lowers your healing rate), the invincibility frame during your character's healing animation can save your life from up to and including an Executioner, a Chainsaw Majini and to a lesser extent, Super Salvador.
- HUNK's "The End" and "Executioner" melee attacks. Instant killing and stops parasites from spawning so you don't have to worry about any Duvalias popping out of the woodwork. Equip him with the right skills and the aforementioned Rebecca loadout and the game's very much easy from there.
- To clarify, although most of the cast have an instant kill move with this 'no parasites' property, HUNK is the only one that has more than one of these moves, and both are consistent. Chris has one, but it has a very long animation that pretty much negates the point of using it (melee kills build a few extra seconds). Rebecca and Barry have one, but the 'instant kill' is based on a % and thus the moves are not quite as reliable.
- Special Effects Failure: While Mercenaries 3D generally looks great, any enemies a significant distance from the player character have their framerates cut in half. This gives the bizarre effect of far away foes looking like stop motion puppets. Thank God this was fixed for Revelations, however (it ran on the same engine).
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The news that you can't erase data (thus removing the ability to play through the game from the beginning) was met with some disapproval.