- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Carry On", the ending theme by Anna Tsuchiya, who also did the ending theme for Resident Evil: Degeneration.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Svetlana Belikova.
- JD as well.
- Foe Yay: Leon and Ada, obviously.
- Leon and Buddy. There's a joke about their hand holding scene being the Damnation equivalent of the "diving" scene with Leon and Angela in Degeneration.
- Leon and Svetlana. It's hard to miss the look she gives him when she catches him and Ada in the underground center.
- Ada and Svetlana during their fight scene.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Much like in Resident Evil 6, the prospect of an Eastern European separatist movement collapsing into a bloody civil war has become a lot harsher now that eastern Ukraine has collapsed into civil war as of 2014. Especially as Belikova herself is a fictional counterpart of Yulia Tymoshenko, and the film ends with the Eastern Slav Republic getting occupied by the Russian military. Do we need to check for any BOW labs under Kyiv?
- Idiot Plot: Ada has managed to infiltrate the country by claiming she worked for the BSAA, and everybody believed her. Except, she didn't use any BSAA member's name to do such task, she used her own. The reason they find out she's a spy is because they haven't found anyone working for the BSAA under the name of Ada Wong.
- Narm Charm: There is no way Leon's outrageously cheesy one-liners weren't done on purpose, for the old fans of course.
(Leon talking to a dying contact whose code name is "Scarecrow")
Leon: I guess scarecrows aren't known for rousing conversations.
- Even better, since his own handle is "Tin Man", he wonders if that makes the Lickers the Cowardly Lion, and Buddy Dorothy.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Much better received by the fandom over Degeneration, thanks to its increased action and significantly less clunky script.
- Tear Jerker: JD's death.
- Ugly Cute: The Lickers. They act a lot like dogs when under control of the Plaga and it's kind of adorable.
- Which oddly enough, makes their numerous and violent deaths a kind of weird Tearjerker.