YMMV: Resident Evil: Damnation
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Carry On", the ending theme by Anna Tsuchiya, who also did the ending theme for Resident Evil: Degeneration.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Svetlana Belikova.
- JD as well.
- Foe Yay: Leon and Ada, obviously.
- Leon and Buddy. There's a joke about their hand holding scene being the Damnation equivalent of the "diving" scene with Leon and Angela in Degeneration.
- Leon and Svetlana. It's hard to miss the look she gives him when she catches him and Ada in the underground center.
- Ada and Svetlana during their fight scene.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Much like in Resident Evil 6, the prospect of an Eastern European separatist movement collapsing into a bloody civil war has become a lot harsher now that eastern Ukraine has collapsed into civil war as of 2014. Especially as Belikova herself is a fictional counterpart of Yulia Tymoshenko. Do we need to check for any BOW labs under Kyiv?
- Narm Charm: There is no way Leon's outrageously cheesy one-liners weren't done on purpose, for the old fans of course.
(Leon talking to a dying contact whose code name is "Scarecrow")
Leon: I guess scarecrows aren't known for rousing conversations.
- Even better, since his own handle is "Tin Man", he wonders if that makes the Lickers the Cowardly Lion, and Buddy Dorothy.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Much better received by the fandom over Degeneration, thanks to its increased action and significantly less clunky script.
- Tear Jerker: JD's death.
- Ugly Cute: The Lickers. They act a lot like dogs when under control of the Plaga and it's kind of adorable.
- Which oddly enough, makes their numerous and violent deaths a kind of weird Tearjerker.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: It's hard to tell what kind of weed the people who rated this film in the Netherlands were smoking, but 12+ is not fit for a movie as gory as this. A prime example of the Animation Age Ghetto if ever there was one.