YMMV: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Jill Valentine. Be honest, you wanted her to be the protagonist.
- Idiot Ball: Jill at times, especially inside the school, where she decides the best course of action is to split up; give a gun to a civilian with no firearm training (and not even bother to instruct her how to use said firearm); and send the clearly unprepared woman on her way. Terri, of course, dies horribly.
- Idiot Plot
- Mary Sue: While Alice is this in each film to some degree, Apocalypse is possibly the worst example in the series, including, but not limited to:
- God-Mode Sue: Remember how powerful and fearful Nemesis is in the game? Alice defeats him without breaking too much of a sweat, using only her fists and a pair of police batons. And where Jill and the others struggle to land even a single shot on a bunch of Lickers, Alice takes them out with only a few bullets and an exploding motorcycle.
- Black Hole Sue: Everything in the film eventually boils down to Alice. Have some survivors actually being competent? Alice shows up to save everyone at the last second and make them look like incompetent dummies. Umbrella's focus also shifts from containing the virus to getting Alice, essentially making the entire outbreak a testing ground to see how powerful she is. This movie also begins the trend of her taking other characters' signature scenes from the games, in this case Claire's "drop the gun and catch it" scene.
- Jerk Sue: At times, Alice doesn't seem to be the slightest bit interested in actually helping others, and implies that it's inconvenient for her to do so.