- Crowning Moment of Funny: "Hoover, at any rate, knew how much trouble he and his party were in. His back door plea to controversial Democratic Party presidential nominee Huey Long to drop out of the race to avoid splitting the anti-communist vote was met with Long's explicit indifference to whether capitalism or socialism was the order of the day in the United States."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Jello created a stereotype of a right wing extremist member of the timeline's version of AH.com from Britain. Shortly afterwards though a poster with the exact same username joined the site with eerily similar opinions to his ATL counterpart.
- Magnificent Bastard: American Premier Foster and Richard Nixon.
- Mary Suetopia: Played with. Given the subject matter (a successful democratic socialist society), it might be expected, but the authors have included a level of detail about even the most mundane aspects of life that living in the UASR in the 21st century seems different enough to be almost alien. It helps that the authors and the discussion board commentators seem to be highly educated in social sciences. Still, it is a common accusation within the universe (and even the board) that the UASR and its allies are merely putting up a Straw Utopia facade, and are actually at their heart dystopian.
- Moral Event Horizon: MacArthur's counter-revolution. It is also seen as this universe, since it triggered a socialist revolution and brought down the US government.