- Cult Classic: In Russia at least.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
Ridzik: Yeah? Well, tell me something, Captain. If you've got such a fucking paradise over there, how come you're up the same creek as we are with heroin and cocaine?Danko: Chinese find way. Right after revolution, they round up all drug dealers, all drug addicts, take them to public square, and shoot them in back of head.Ridzik: Ah, it'd never work here. Fucking politicians wouldn't go for it.Danko: Shoot them first.
- This film has yet another demeaning quote about politicians from Schwarzenegger.
- Ho Yay: The infamous opening, where Danko goes to a meeting in public bathouse which is filled with sweaty half naked men working out.
- Memetic Mutation: The Cocainum line became a Russian internet meme.
- Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales: This almost-forgotten flick used to be a big VHS hit in late 80's - early 90's Russia and is still considered an enjoyable camp classic, mostly because of Arnold's hilariously over-the-top performance, very fake "Soviet" sets and bad Russian accents, and good old nostalgia.