YMMV: Red Dead Virgo
- Fridge Brilliance: Kanaya typically types with A Certain Clear Enunciation, but can slip into alsdkfjasdfj;lk and CAPSLOCK at certain times. It may take the reader a while to remember that she shares her blood with KARKAT VANTAS.
- Fridge Horror: Kanaya is mentioned to have done something to Terezi, in a fit of rage. Just what WAS that, whatever it was? And did that incident make Terezi as messed up as she was?
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: With the late January/early February 2011 events in canon, there are quite a few of these. Like, the very title. Not to mention that I'M A PRICKLY PEAR seems to have been written literally just before shockingly appropriate canon events, as well as the much earlier written Bloodrage. And AGAIN in the May 2011 events concerning the pre-scratch trolls, where Meenah blew them all up so they'd be able to survive outside of the Scratch, which is almost the same as Feferi killing all the trolls so they'd be able to survive in the same way. Keep in mind that this last was written seven months prior to the events in Homestuck canon. The author clearly has some sort of psychic powers.
- Genius Bonus: The Land of Silk and Empyrean replaces the canon Land of Wrath and Angels. However, the description of the former reveals it has "unspeakable wheels of eyes and wings and fire" which is one of the original depictions of angels.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The end of Bunch of Bull's Shit is even funnier after this panel appeared in Homestuck.
- Nightmare Fuel: Embrace, Most Just. Both chapters are Eversion-level horrifying. And then there's the horribly gruesome descriptions of some of Feferi's victims. Aradia was torn to pieces, for one, and Karkat had all their innards ripped out. And even worse? Feferi's very calm and composed words on the matter.
- Tear Jerker: Many, many things. Most notably when Kanaya's dreamself is killed. Bear in mind that for most of the story Prospit is the only place where she isn't hunted and despised for her blood color.
- Terezi saying goodbye to Kanaya, especially after all the times she mocked her, hits really hard.
- The Woobie: Kanaya fits this role depressingly well, as do Eridan and Jade. The fact that all three wind up deader than dead makes it so much worse.