- Anvilicious: This quite possibly out anvils Godzilla vs. Hedorah with their environmental message! Even the person part of the logging company gets in on the action with comments on his disapproval of wasted paper and his later horror at deforestation.
- Awesome Music: Easily one of the best aspects of the film is the music score, which is, for the most part, very good.
- Complete Monster: Desghidorah is an alien dragon who came to Earth millennia ago with evil intent. Having already killed all the Martians, he aimed for a repeat performance on Earth, only to be halted and imprisoned by Mothra. Freed in the modern era, Desghidorah proceeded to suck all the energy out of the region he was in, slowly draining it, Japan, and the planet as a whole, of the ability to sustain life. Brutalizing the current Mothra's larvae in front of her, Desghidorah eventually killed the moth, before being returned to his prison by her son. Heir to King Ghidorah's mantle as destroyer of worlds, Desghidorah was a reminder that in this franchise, three-heads are always more vile than one.
- Most Annoying Sound: The sibling characters Taiki and Wakaba, who don't get along. This isn't helped by the Hong Kong Dub, which employs only two voices for any child character until the next decade.
- So Bad, It's Good: Mainly the first two.