YMMV: Reading Rainbow
- Ear Worm: Sing it with me now...
Butterfly in the skyI can go twice as highTake a look,It's in a book,A Reading Rainbow (Reading Rainbow)A Reading Rainbow (Reading Rainbow)
- Memetic Mutation: The "Ba-Dun-Dun!" sound, also the theme song.
- Also on Newgrounds, among the first flash movies submitted to the site were recordings of kids talking about books they read with bleeps added at just the right places to make it sound like the kids are reading inappropriate books. One other video laughed at some of the kids rather wooden deliveries. However, since its cancellation it has turned into Dude, Not Funny!.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The "Ba-Dun-Dun!" sound, and the opening riff of the classic theme.
- Nightmare Fuel: The show would of course occasionally feature books about subjects that children might find disturbing - such as a home fire, or death.
- Tear Jerker: Good children's books can cause this from time to time.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Most older fans don't like the newest intro for some reason.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: As with the Nightmare Fuel some of the books stretch what is kid appropriate. Eve Bunting, I'm looking at you.