- Hilarious in Hindsight: Obscure pterosaur Ornithodesmus (now known as Istiodactylus) is depicted as a scavenger, while at the time, it was thought of as a fish eater. In 2012, Mark Witton did some research and confirmed that Istiodactylus was indeed a scavenger.
- The Acrocanthosaurus being killed by the Kronosaurus, a large marine reptile. What movie out there had a giant theropod killed by an even larger marine predator?
- “Stop Having Fun” Guys - It's easy to see this attitude in the criticisms of the book by other paleontologists, who were mostly of the opinion that there should be no speculation and no tolerance for any sort of inaccuracy even if it were so small as to be cosmetic. Try on this actual quote from paleontologist David Norman.
"The merging of science and fantasy is at its worst in books like Raptor Red because none but the experts can disentangle fact from fiction; this type of nonsense turns an uninformed reader into a misinformed one."
- Tear Jerker - The Snow Means Death and Dead Guy Junior scenes on the main page.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Nature is certainly dripping with blood and guts.