- Cliché Storm: Though several of these cliches get subverted.
- Captain Obvious Aesop: Everything Radio Rebel teaches falls into this.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Nothing can stop the principal from expelling Tara.
- Considering how many supporters Tara has at the end of the film, it's likely that the principal will become rather infamous if she does it.
- Foe Yay: Tara and Stacy have some vibes, especially at the end.
Tara (to Stacy): "You are yourself and you've never been more beautiful."
- Fridge Logic: The principal (Who by this point has been proved to be unlikable) cancels prom and the students get angry at Radio Rebel (Who has done nothing but make them happier).
- Jerkass Woobie: Stacy, once it's shown just how important being Prom Queen is to her.
- The Woobie: When Tara looks like she's about to cry because she's getting so many calls about prom being canceled, it's really hard not to feel sorry for her.
- The puppy dog faces Debby Ryan makes when her character is supposed to be sad don't help.