Tropers Online: 3,011
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Putney Swope
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The commercials to some extent.
- Crazy Awesome / Brick Joke: "The DRUMS told me!" See Darkest Africa, below.
- Crossing the Line Twice: Some of the commercials, particularly the ones wherein Coitus Ensues.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Just as it looks as if Putney is about to begin selling alcohol, sex and war toys, he reveals that it's something he never intended to do and was simply testing to make sure his crew wouldn't "cop-out".
- "Nathan, I like you beecause you're not a cop-out. You can stay." Nathan proceeds to list his demands. "Nathan, you're corrupt."
- Putney Swope Panic: As mentioned above, the film is the trope namer, and for very good reason.