YMMV: Project X
- Critical Dissonance: Reviews were overtly negative, yet the movie recouped its budget almost nine times over, and as Misaimed Fandom shows, earned an unexpected following.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The whole soundtrack, really. To be expected of a wild party.
- Designated Villain: Rob the neighbor is seen as a big party pooper who doesn't want the partygoers to have any fun, but he didn't even ask them to shut the party down until nearly midnight, and the reason he wants the party to be wrapped up is because he has a child and wife who can't sleep because of the party. But despite his good reasons, he's still treated as wrong, and ends up getting tazed, stalked, tackled and nearly gets his house set on fire for his troubles.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The midget is probably the most beloved character in the movie, mostly because he punches Costa along with many other people in the nuts after he got locked inside an oven. Sure, he's a Jerkass too, but considering nearly everyone else at the party, he's often seen as the lesser of many evils.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Admittedly, an age-appropriate one: When you're either 17 or 18 and in desperate desire to be popular; throwing a party to end all parties, costs be damned, is a sure-fire way to make yourself cool.
- Jerk Sue: Costa, the person most responsible for starting the party, gets away completely scot-free bar the 3 paternity tests thanks to having a very expensive lawyer.
- Then again, he's got three paternity tests hanging over his head. If they all turn out positive, he's royally screwed.
- Misaimed Fandom: The ending shows that the party destroyed the main characters' lives, which hasn't stopped many people from holding real parties inspired by the film.
- The Scrappy: Costa is well known as an utterly despicable sociopath of a human being by almost every viewer of this movie.