YMMV: Prince of Persia
- Breather Level: Levels 9 and 11 are quite a bit easier than 8, 10 and 12.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The Princess's pet mouse helping the Prince, when all seems to be lost. And then it appears when the Prince and the Princess are reunited.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The game was initially a failure in the U.S., thanks to being initially released on the Apple IIe, a platform well past its prime in 1989. It really only took off when ported to European computing platforms.
- Narm Charm: The opening movie in the Sega CD version is this, mostly thanks to Jafar's voice sounding really good, contrary to the Princess and the Prince. Especially the Prince.
- Polished Port: The SNES and PC-88 versions are graphically improved and have wonderful music. The SNES version even adds more levels.
- That One Boss: Well, he's not really a boss, but the first guard in level 8 is tougher than other guards, since he always waits for the prince to make the first move, forcing the player to expose themselves first.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The game got a lot of acclaim for its incredibly smooth animation, even more impressive on the Apple IIe.