YMMV: Prime Suspect
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Was Pauline right for blaming her distant relationship with Jane on her job, or had they never really got on and she was using her sister's commitment to her work as an excuse for avoiding her?
- Hilarious in Hindsight - In the first episode Tennison (played by Mirren) orders another office not to call her Ma'am, saying "I'm not the bloody queen!"
- She says it again in the last episode, in an Actor Allusion.
- In the last series, Jane calls her sister a cow. In the first, the present that she got for her newborn baby was a cow plushie.
- Values Dissonance: This Troper gets the impression that we're supposed to be scandalised by Jane's apparent callousness when she interrupts her doctor to ask about going back to work after her abortion but, depending on your politics/beliefs etc., this might seem like a perfectly reasonable reaction, especially if the experience hadn't been as bad as she might have originally thought it would be.