* FauxSymbolism: After Fannie becomes Cure Horror for the first time, she asks the other Cures to pray for her as she pummels Scratch with extreme prejudice.
-->'''Cure Horror''': You were sent to heal the contrite.[[note]]Or, in the 2011 Roman Missal: "...the contrite '''''of heart'''''."[[/note]] ''[punches Scratch]'' Lord, have mercy.\\
'''Cures''': ''[in unison]'' Lord, have mercy.\\
'''Cure Horror''': You came to call sinners. ''[knees Scratch in the groin]'' Christ, have mercy.\\
'''Cures''': ''[in unison]'' Christ, have mercy.\\
'''Cure Horror''': You plead for us at the right hand of the Father.[[note]]Or, in the 2011 Roman Missal: "You are seated at the right hand of the Father to intercede for us."[[/note]] ''[sends Scratch flying with a roundhouse kick]'' Lord, have mercy.\\
'''Cures''': ''[in unison]'' Lord, have mercy.
* ItWasHisSled: Shintaro Ishihara... *puts on shades* is the Devil.
* LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt: The Cures are almost killed in episode 23 during a brutal and mercilessly long CurbStompBattle, but since it's not yet at the halfway point, they survive. Cure Horror's explanation for this turn of events? "[[NoFourthWall Our contracts with the author prevent us from getting killed off before the final battle.]]"
* MoralEventHorizon: Lucifer, unsurprisingly, crosses it in the second half by pushing for the successful passage of Bill 156. He gets even worse after he's defeated at the end, as [[TheTokyoFireball Tokyo goes up in smoke]] because he tried to [[TakingYouWithMe blow up all six of the Cures out of spite]].
** With the sole exception of Krueger, all of Lucifer's minions cross the MEH at one point or another. Nick tries to trap Alex and Lina in Mexico by posing as a Fascist border guard, Scratch [[spoiler:kills Krueger]] and later on tries to round up all the Jews in Hollywood High for a one-way trip to Hell, and Deuce razes Hollywood High in an attempt to off five of the six Cures.
** Subverted in the Christmas episode. In the AlternateUniverse where Alex doesn't exist, Lina is a member of a gang that the Mafia hired to kill Hollywood High's dean. Lina has no problem with mowing down even her former best friends while representing the gang for the hit. When she meets Alex, she doesn't recognize him and kills him. With his dying breath, he wishes everything was back to normal... and suddenly, Lina becomes the sympathetic Spanish student and Pretty Cure we all know and love.
* NightmareFuel: Lina finds a lot of horrors while spying on Lucifer. Among the damned in the ninth circle are UsefulNotes/AdolfHitler, UsefulNotes/JosefStalin, and [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking Chick Gandil]].
* RealWomenDontWearDresses: Lina Eastwood. Her Cure form and her Super Cure form also adhere to this trope.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: There's more violence than in ''FanFic/PrettyCureHeavyMetal'', and Lina herself is a regular sailor mouth outside of school, tossing around the F word and other vulgarities freely. Despite WordOfGod stating that there will be absolutely no sex scenes (though Lina is seen to watch porn tapes at least once; she just won't be watching sex scenes on camera), it seems as though he'll be pushing for an NC-17 rating for this series nevertheless. It'll just be the violence and extra-heavy profanity (all of which will be uncensored) that'll get it its NC-17.