Tropers Online: 3,861
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Prehistoric Assassins
- Nightmare Fuel: All of the predators depicted, but Deinonychus deserves a special mention. Perhaps it's due to the awkward, messy way its feathers are animated, thanks to the less-than-stellar effects, but the animal looks terrifying, and proves that feathered dinosaurs are not all cuddly little chicks.
- Special Effect Failure: The animals move ridiculously fast at times. The absurd speed of the Daspletosaurus' head as it lashes at the Corythosaurus makes the scene look rather laughable.
- As a Smilodon jumps on the back of a bison, you can see its paw clipping through the herbivore.
- The lighting and rendering of the animals aren't too hot either.
- Uncanny Valley: The Smilodon. Their faces are in a constant state of derp, border-lining Dull Surprise.