YMMV: Pound Puppies (1980s)
The Hanna-Barbera series contains examples of:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One of the dogs in the movie is wearing what look exactly like Kamina's sunglasses.
- The Scrappy: Nobody likes Brattina. This was probably intentional.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Bright Eyes and Whopper in the second season. Hell, the entire second season.
- Villain Decay: Katrina was originally a fairly cunning opponent, willing to go to any lengths to harm/destroy the Pups. However, her motive was altered to simply "locking them all up FOREVER" after she got control of the pound in the second season... possibly because the cunning Katrina would've been a much greater threat.
The movie contains examples of:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Was there ANY point to the "All in Your Mind" musical number?
- Cliché Storm: Every cartoon cliché is on display here.
- Ear Worm: Every song. Mostly because they are Suspiciously Similar Song versions of much better 1950s hits.
- Ho Yay: Reflex's condition causes him to run around in trance and kiss anyone in sight regardless of gender (or even species), so male dogs also fall victim to his hugs and kisses.
- So Bad, It's Good: Some elements of it, mainly revolving around the villain's nonsensical plan.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The songs essentially use the same tune as 1950s classics such as "Let's Go to the Hop" and "Duke of Earl".
- They Just Didn't Care: The quicksand looks nothing like quicksand, and Collette appears with Cooler and the gang even though she was seen being captured by Lumpy and Bones a few minutes before then. One could argue the whole movie is this and nothing else.