YMMV: Postman Pat
- Accidental Nightmare Fuel: A common complaint about The Movie is the evil Pat and Jess robots are too scary for toddlers, Postman Pat's target audience.
- Ear Worm: The theme tune will not leave you.
- Memetic Mutation: Postman Pat's Banging Day Out. A crude overdub video with gratuitous swearing, mild violence, and moderate sex references. Probably one of the earliest forms of YouTube Poop to hit the Internet.
- "He who leads shalt learn!"
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Most people who watched the original as children (or even as parents) are horrified by Special Delivery Service. HELICOPTERS?! AND A TRAIN?! AND ETHNIC PEOPLE?! AND WHERE THE HELL ARE GRANNY DRYDEN AND MISS HUBBARD?!
- Averted with the 1996 episodes, which made people very neutral or just glad.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Jess is a tomcat.
- Jess is not just a girl's name.
- The Woobie: Katie's doll, Sara Ann. Katie loses her in the pilot, and it's up to Pat to find her.