YMMV: Porco Rosso
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Courtesy Joe Hisaishi as usual, most notable in the scene where Porco does aerobatics for Gina and Gina's resulting flashback.
- Fridge Brilliance / Stealth Pun: The whole movie is about when pigs fly.
- The scene in the movie theater where Porco watches the cartoon that depicts an evil, overweight pig (meant to evoke Bluto from the Popeye cartoons) kidnapping a Minnie Mouse lookalike and then the evil pig is beaten down and then knocked into the sky by a heroic Mickey Mouse lookalike becomes an incredibly painful Tear Jerker when you realize that the cartoon is a symbolic reflection of how Porco sees himself - as a vile, despicable fiend who doesn't deserve any happiness.
- Not So Crazy Anymore: Gina bursts out laughing when Curtis "modestly" confides that becoming a famous Hollywood star is merely the first step towards his real goal: ''The President!''
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: "I'd rather be a pig than a fascist."