YMMV: Popful Mail
- Demonic Spiders: Many of the enemies fought later, especially those flying knights.
- Older Than They Think: Despite some major resemblance to The Slayers, all versions of the game predate the animated series by a fair bit.
- That One Boss: Goradus can be one - every time you hit him, he gets pissed off and does a Ground Pound, which makes rocks fall quickly on completely random positions. And those rocks hurt A LOT.
- That One Level: Chilly can become this, due to your lack of traction on the ice unless you get the spiked boots.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The cutscenes in the Sega CD version are sprite-based, rather than FMV. Despite this, they are very well animated, featuring tons of animation with unique poses and difficult camera angles.