- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Two Perfect Girls.
- What Kind of Pokémon are You?, a song performed by a man representing Dexter, Ash's PokéDex.
- Crowning Music of Awesome; You Just Can't Win for all the fans who would've liked to see Ash and Giovanni actually face each other.
- Team Rocket's Rockin' (Double Trouble) is pretty damn awesome. As is Giovanni's Villain Song.
- Ham and Cheese: Darren Dunstan's performance as Giovanni is reminiscent of Raul Julia in the Street Fighter live-action film.
- Level Breaker: Most of the songs are well-sang, and many are quite heartfelt, but as soon as the word "Pokemon" pops up, you can't help but laugh a little bit.
- Moral Event Horizon: Giovanni orders MechaMew2 to attack Ash, a 10 year old boy whom he knows is the child of his ex-girlfriend, directly.
- So Bad, It's Good: Again, it probably would have been just plain good if Pokemon hadn't been involved. Or if the production value had just been better...
- Tear Jerker: The song "The Time Has Come".
- Ash's talk with his mom in the last scene is one of the heartwarming kind.
- "I've Got A Secret", too.