- Broken Base: Depending on who you ask, this game is either one of the worst examples of Shovelware in the Pokemon franchise thanks to having even less things to do than its predecessor and mostly relying on one note 'TV shows' that get repetitive really quickly, or a decent Virtual Pet sim that can be entertaining in its own right with the right mindset.
- Fight Scene Failure: Pikachu will fight with the Gengar doll when interacted with. Afterwards, there's no visual damage to the toy.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many European players buy this game just for the Jirachi mystery gift. It's even a selling point on the PAL box art.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Oh my, yes.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Depending on how you look at it.
- Tear Jerker: The end of Meowth's Party, especially after Maddie Blaustein's death.
Meowth: I wish this party could go on forever...