YMMV: Pluto the Pup
- Creator's Pet: He dominated the Mickey Mouse series even when he had a series of his own. That mouse can't catch a break, can't he?
- Most Annoying Sound: His iconic yelp, which quickly becomes insufferable whenever he's in distress (which happens a lot). Thankfully toned down in more recent cartoons, where he more stereotypical dog vocalisations.
- Nightmare Fuel: Plutotopia, why is it so? Well, Pluto in a dream is tormented by a talking cat that addresses him with sarcasm and a suicidal sadomasochist to boot. It shows why cats and dogs should hate each other because this solution is disturbing.
- Pluto's headshot from the original opening titles of the 1940s RKO shorts. It's overly symmetrical appearance can be quite unsettling to first time viewers. Fortunately, a more standard, cheerful title card replaced it later on.
- And, of course, Pluto's Judgement Day.
- "Pueblo Pluto" has the scene where Pluto is trapped in a cactus patch, and starts panicking so much he starts imagining all the cacti coming to life and lunging after him. You ever think a cactus couldn't be freaky-looking? Think again◊.