YMMV: Planet 51
- Cliché Storm: Deliberately, and a common criticism of the film.
- Dude, Not Funny!:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Disney and Pixar's Show Within a Show, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, did a very similar premise for one of their episodes way before this movie was made. The irony being that Planet 51 is a CGI movie made by another company.
- Ho Yay: Chuck and Lem are basically flirting through the whole movie. Some of their dialogue lampshades this.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: You think they could have done more with the Humans Through Alien Eyes concept but nope, its just cliches, Toilet Humor, and a weak copy cat earth all the way through.
- Values Dissonance: Sorta subverted, since, despite the film was created and produced in Spain, the scriptwriter was Joe Stillman, who is American. It's possible that Stillman decided to write the script based on how Americans perceive animation, rather than aiming at how Spaniards perceive animation (at least at the time).
- Visual Effects of Awesome: This movie looks well done for a rather small budget.