YMMV: Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain
- Creator's Pet: Elmyra, who is basically the reason the show was created.
- Critical Dissonance: In contrast to the hatred the fans have toward the show, it actually got critical acclaim and won various awards.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: For all the problems with this show, its antagonist Wally Faust left quite an impression in some viewers' eyes. He does look and talk like an evil Christopher Walken, after all.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Fans like to pretend that this show doesn't exist.
- Could also count as Canon Discontinuity since nearly everyone involved with the show also likes to pretend it doesn't exist. When the original show was released on DVD, these episodes were "conveniently" left out.
- Misblamed: For years many viewers believed Kids' WB! executive Jamie Kellner to be at fault for the creation of this series. However, during one episode of Talkin' Toons' with Peter Hastings, it was revealed that the network, despite what the theme song says, did not meddle with the series — it was, in fact, entirely Steven Spielberg's idea!
- Replacement Scrappy: Rudy Mookich for Montana Max. Elmyra's most frequently seen pets were now Mr. Pussy-Wussy and Mr. Shellbut, taking the places of Furrball and Byron Basset (in "The Ravin!", we see that Elmyra has a pet cemetery - maybe she squeezed them to death?).
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Admit it, the series would have been a lot better with the rest of the Tiny Toons cast instead of the replacements mentioned above.