- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: The phone booth can be seen a confession booth and the sniper as either a priest or God, to whom Stu is confessing his sins. In the end, he's absolved.
Sniper: That would explain it. Bible-crazed killer targets fashion-obsessed publicist.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The sniper, voiced by Kiefer Sutherland, threatens Stu over the phone. In 24, he would be the one being threatened. In the finale, though, he threatens a character over the phone, while aiming a sniper rifle at him the whole time, no less.
- Magnificent Bastard: The sniper, as scary as he is, still manages to be pretty cool.
- Paranoia Fuel: People have been a lot more cautious about answering phones since this film came out.
- What an Idiot: It's fairly reasonable for those hookers to assume that Stu shot their pimp, but it's far less reasonable for them to stand around screaming at someone who they're convinced has a gun and just used it to murder someone right in front of them.