- Big Beautiful Man: There is a sizable fanbase of people who find Pete (and his son PJ) to be this.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why is Pete a cat? Because what other animal than a cat could be the perfect Arch-Enemy of a mouse.
- Love to Hate: Naturally, being the oldest Disney villain, and one of the most iconic.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- In Disney's The Prince and the Pauper, unlike in other appearances.
- Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers: "Hah hah hah! I'm in such a good mood." (tries to decapitate Donald)
- If that didn't do it for you, there's him chaining Mickey in a dungeon that will soon rapidly fill with water, nearly drowning him.
- Older Than They Think: As mentioned on the Western Animation page, he predates Mickey by three years.