- Crowning Music of Awesome: One minute left, let's go to the Big Finish!
- Ho Yay: Kornheiser likes to make suggestive comments to Wilbon in the lead-in.
- Foe Yay: They do argue with each other a lot.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Never Live It Down: Wilbon and Reali love to remind Kornheiser that he once predicted Darko Milicic would wind up better than LeBron James. Darko, who was the 2nd pick of the 2003 draft, behind LeBron but ahead of future perennial All-Stars Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwayne Wade, wound up as a bust while LeBron appears to be on track to become one of the greatest players of all time. See Reali rub it in with the video evidence here.2003!Kornheiser: What if [Darko]'s Kevin Garnett, but BETTER?!
2012!Reali: Oh my goodness, Ton!
- Replacement Scrappy: Dan LeBatard of the Miami Herald, who often subs for Kornheiser or Wilbon when either one is unable to do the show for that day. His first appearance on the show actually deluged ESPN's mail server with anti-LeBatard mail. As a result, hating on him has become one of the show's running gags, with subsequent appearances by LeBatard introducing himself as "the Hateable Dan LeBatard". Wilbon and Kornheiser are more than happy to take their shots at him as well:
LeBatard: (opening the show) Pardon the interruption, but I'm Dan LeBatard or, as one e-mail called me, Dan LeBa-turd.
- One episode in which LeBatard ruined "Oddsmakers", Tony Reali annoyedly retorted at him, "Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you "Le Bafart", "Le Baturd", "Le Bajerk"..."
Kornheiser: Oh, you got my e-mail!
- Anyone other than Kornheiser or Wilbon actually. There have actually been episodes with NEITHER host. This happens with some regularity in the summer months when Kornheiser, Wilbon or both are on vacation or assignment somewhere.
- LeBatard now has his own show which references his scrappy status, called Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable.