- Alternate Character Interpretation: In-story and out.
- The message of the story is how we look at people as mirrors rather than windows.
- Q could be read as a romantic adventurer or an obsessed tragic figure. Q even claims that Captain Ahab is the hero of Moby Dick.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The road trip, especially Radar's shirt.
- Deconstruction: Of John Green's own Looking for Alaska
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: So humans will never truly understand each other.
- Actually, the Aesop is more along the lines of people needing to learn to think of others complexly, not that we can't understand each other.
- It could even be argued that realizing that you can never understand anyone completely isn't that unfriendly an aesop, given that it allows you to begin to think of people complexly