- Ambition is Evil: Anana could qualify as this, but since she is not technically evil, it doesn't fully apply.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Devonshire, by far being the most popular leader of the three Guilds due to his backstory and disturbing tendencies. Some of the members of the group admitted that they only joined the Rogues because they liked Devonshire so much.
- Military Coup : By the Rogue's Guild in Mission 8, evicting the current Merchant's Guild as orchestrated by Anana.
- The Scrappy : Wordof God states that Winston became this for the administrators, eventually culminating in his death in-universe. In a more normal sense, Anana is often viewed as a Scrappy, due to her manipulative behavior and sickeningly sweet demeanor. The side story Complementaries is taking steps to reduce that.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids? : With its themes of graphic violence, death, romance, gender identity, body manipulation, blackmail, and inappropriate maid wear, many might be taken aback by just how much PMD-E isn't kid friendly, unlike its much tamer source material.
- The Untwist: Enough hints are dropped that Gunpowder's physical sex being what it is wasn't as shocking to some users as it was to others.
- Too Good to Last
- Yoko Oh No: Twigs. After shipping PK/Shroomy for 6 missions, nobody is really happy with this pairing.