- Awesome Music:
- The main thing OutRun is remembered for. Most subsequent sequels keep all four tracks, and some even featured in the soundtrack of Bayonetta.
- The driving songs from original game perfectly cover different moods. Passing Breeze exudes the feeling of a relaxing summer drive, while Splash Wave has the opposite mood of an intense race to the finish. In-between the two is Magical Sound Shower, an upbeat Latin tune. When the race is finished, Last Wave wraps things up with a romantic epilogue.
- Other great songs from the series include Vivacious from Turbo OutRun, Victorious from OutRun 2019, and Risky Ride from OutRun 2.
- Magnum Opus: Outrun 2006, big time.
- Most Wonderful Sound: From OutRun 2's Heart Attack mode: "Special Request!"
- Sequelitis: For a while when Sega didn't know what to do with the sequels, then averted with OutRun 2 and its Updated Rereleases.