- Awesome Music: Courtesy of the late, great Jerry Goldsmith. Here's a sample.
- The club music, composed and performed by session musician Michael Boddicker, is also really good.
- Fanon: Some fans consider this an unofficial sequel to Alien, owing to the fact that it shares the same composer and production designers, as well as similar tropes (namely Mega Corp.).
- He Really Can Act: Sean Connery gets perhaps the most emotionally vulnerable moment of his career when O'Neil explains why he's sticking around for the showdown and after his conversation with his son.
- Narm: It gets really obvious O'Niel's kid's actor was reading from a script, and the forced "mommy says..." are bad enough.
- Narm Charm: Nevertheless, O'Niel's reaction makes it heartbreaking.
- Squick/Nausea Fuel: All those exploded corpses...
Outland (TV Series)
Outland (Video Game)
- Demonic Spiders: Surprisingly enough, the literal giant ones (as well as the extra-large variety) aren't that bad since the former are more or less the first enemy you come across and latter aren't that much different from the normal variety besides their size and ability to take more hits. The smaller ones are far more annoying, since they either shoot arching streams of projectiles at your general direction or leap at you, and you can't tell kind they are until they attack.
- Shaggy Dog Story: The hero fails to stop the Sisters escaping from their prison, but then they decide that the world is too precious to destroy anyway. There's no indication they would have decided otherwise even if the hero had never got involved in the quest.