- Doing It for the Art: Aside from the aforementioned Costume Porn, many things are also incredibly detailed. Chapter 2 is mostly devoted to showcasing Mori's painstakingly-drawn rendition of traditional carvings.
- Les Yay: Anis and her search for a "sister wife", basically a best friend. Then she meets Shirin and its played exactly like Love at First Sight, at a bath house no less. Their scenes together have such high amounts of this trope, that Anis and Shirin honestly come across as closeted lesbians.
- Closeted? Anis and Shirin have a public sisterhood ceremony where they swear to be friends forever and hold no one more important than each other. Anis' husband lampshades this at one point.
- Later chapters skyrocket the subtext. After Shirin's husband dies of a stroke, Anis suggests that Shirin marry her husband as a second wife. OT3 anyone?
- Ships That Pass in the Night: Pariya and Azel have never even met in-story, but fans have taken to shipping them on the basis that their personalities are similar.
- The Woobie:
- Having her whole family try to sell her off (when she was already happily married no less) to be the wife of an abusive rich asshole who beat his last two wives to death adds much woobie-ness to Amir. And then her family, led by her own father, no less, attacks her adopted hometown.
- Talas and to some extent Smith, for the entirety of Volume 3.