YMMV: Ong Bak
- Affably Evil: The other guy betting on the outcome of Ting's fights in the fight club is most likely some flavor of crime boss too, but is just infectiously jolly and doesn't seem to approve of Komtuan's antagonization of Ting.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: And it's not only popular in other Asian countries!
- Moment Of Awesome: Tien's fight against the brotherhood of bandits/pirates/ninjas that adopted him and taught him every form of combat known to man. It's a bit of a marathon too, and many viewers will be exhausted by the halfway point.
- In the first movie, a horribly battered Humlae shielding Ong-Bak with his body when Komtuan tries to smash it with a hammer - and then keeps shielding the statue while the crime lord keeps beating on him. For a character as selfish as Humlae has been throughout the movie, that is saying something.
- Tony Jaa lights his legs on fire and kicks someone in the face!
- Narm: Admit it, you laughed in the third film when Rajasena's severed head began to talk.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The soundtrack was replaced outside Thailand. This resulted in a kick-ass martial arts movie... with a French rap soundtrack?