YMMV: One Less Lonely Gurl
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some think that C'ren is a sociopath, and at least one person thinks Plankton is the Only Sane Man in the story.
- Another interpretation that one person suggested was that Plankton was aware of the fact that C'ren had the traits of a Mary Sue and he tried to use this to his advantage when the two of them started working together.
- Ass Pull: At least one person thought that "Monica" just pulled everything that happened in this fanfic out of "her" ass.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: A truck crashed and Patrick started opening gag-cans labeled Seanut Brittle like he did in "Pranks a Lot". This never gets mentioned again.
- Crack Pairing: C'ren and Plankton. The author supposedly wrote a snippet of a threesome between C'ren, Plankton, and Doubloon Swallowin' Misty, an Original Character from his other fanfic Plankton's Eye View in a DeviantArt journal entry. However, since the journal entry resembles a Crack Fic generator, this may or may not be true.
- Critical Research Failure: Bikini Bottom and Atlantis are two separate places.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Plankton is treated in the fanfic as a protagonist. C'ren is implied to have romantic feelings for him.
- Mary Sue: C'ren knows martial arts, swimming, painting, architecture, trigonometry, fashion design, cooking, mechanics, chemistry, agriculture, guitar playing, singing, drum playing, and computer programming. And of course, marine biology, her profession. She also won a Gold Medal in the Olympics, and she is only 18 years old. And she claims to have men of all ages worshipping the ground she walks on.
- Took the Bad Fic Seriously: The fanfic got flames from many angry, offended readers, not realizing that the story is not actually meant to be taken seriously. But James put on a good enough show that it looked like it was all in earnest.