- Anticlimax Boss: Any of the human bosses, and Dobrovsky.
- Awesome Moments: The cutscene preceding the Guard boss, mainly thanks to the intense music.
- Fridge Logic: How can an enemy be tranquilized and on fire at the same time? You'd think the latter would nullify the former.
- It's revealed later in the game that the monsters are the result of a mutating virus, so how did so many of them get all that machinery grafted onto them?
- What was Dobrovsky/Morozov's goal? He says something about using the technology in the laboratory to obtain ultimate power, but all he seems to do is turn himself into a giant cyborg monster (which promptly gets killed by our heroes).
- Game Breaker: The Attracting Device, which renders all enemies unable to do anything else but walk towards the device until they reach it (and sometimes they can't reach the place where it is...) Especially useful in the fights with humans (it's supposed to work on monsters only, but it works on human enemies too!).
- Narm: This is not normal death. This death reeks of evil.