- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Max's crazy-patterned shorts. Even Lilah got a laugh out of it. Past the one video log, Max wears regular pants throughout the game.
Lilah: I have another mission: To rid this world, once and for all...OF MAX'S SHORTS!
- Nightmare Fuel: The part where the Mechanical Spider comes alive. Just seeing the Spider's jaw open and glimpsing a raging furnace with broken machine parts inside will DEFINITELY call for a change of pants. No wonder Max wanted to implement that crossover switch so badly.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The game's theme during the end credits.
- Ear Worm: The exaggerated Muzak that plays on the Bureau's Security Face will definitely get inside your skull if you don't know what you're doing.
- Hell Is That Noise: The music for the Spider Realm truly shows just how eerie Max's dream was.
- Technology Marches On: When you're watching the sendoff party video, look closely at the phone Lilah & Max's boss is holding.
- In the chemistry lab puzzle, there's a TV-like device with two items next to it that look like floppy disks.
- That One Puzzle: A few puzzles are quite hard, like the Fire Puzzle in the spider realm or the programming puzzle in the Bismuth realm, but the very last one takes the cake: 16 yellow buttons guarding the crossover switch, half of which are fake and if you click any of those, they move and change their positions. You're supposed to hit the buttons that did NOT move, but because all of them look the same, it's VERY hard to keep your eyes on the right ones! Worse, there's no set pattern, and each movement of the camouflage buttons is random. The Conductor almost mocks you about this after you solve it and flip the switch to human control.
"...The camouflage I placed upon the toggles has delayed you long enough."