- Crowning Music of Awesome: Introitus from Mozart's Requiem during the executions.
- Magnificent Bastard: Hermann Göring.
- Moral Event Horizon: The four charges (conspiracy to wage aggressive war, crimes against peace, war crimes and crimes against humanity) for the defendants.
- Göring, however, accuses the Allies of having crossed it more than once.
- Nightmare Fuel: The concentration camps footage.
- The strange thing is that because it is real footage of actual concentration camps, it does something very weird to the fourth wall. Suddenly this isn't a miniseries you're watching anymore, this is the pain, suffering and deaths of million of people you're looking at. In effect, the movie/miniseries act as a direct conduit to provide context for the footage, basically acting as a Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Almost one hour is dedicated to the love story between Robert L. Jackson and his mistress.