The subjective trope(s) used by Nitrome
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The ending to Sky Serpents. The hero has been killing giant monsters to beat his Old Man's score. He misheard 14. He killed 140. The hero's look of surprise is great.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The whole soundtrack of Ice Breaker.
- Ear Worm: The music from Enemy 585 will get stuck in your head.
- Even Better Sequel: "Skywire 2" and "Test Subject Green" are the most notable, but almost all of the sequels are on par with the original in terms of quality.
- Growing the Beard: Everyone agrees that it happened, although it's hard to identify a specific point. The most common place to put it is the release of "Skywire 2".
- Hell Is That Noise: The siren in "Squawk".
- Also the opening to Pixel Pop, which sounds exactly like old dial up.
- That One Boss: Boss 14 from Sky Serpents is probably considered the most awkward/difficult due to its fireballs and needing to memorize the layout and timing all of the jumps perfectly.
- There's also the first boss in "Fat Cat", where in order to win, there's precisely one place where you can position the cat and the owl so that the cat doesn't get hit. It turns out to be almost directly on top of the main cannon.