YMMV: Night of the Demon
- Broken Base: On whether the inclusion of the demon adds or detracts from the film
- Hell Is That Noise: If you hear creepy bat-like chittering, your time is almost up.
- Special Effect Failure: The closeups of the demon are more likely to inspire laughter than terror. Other effects, however, are really pretty good.
- The closeups were a result of Executive Meddling - director Jacques Tourneur wanted the demon to be barely glimpsed. The demon's smoky long shots are effective, though.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The demon looks very impressive for the 50's.
- For that matter, the scenes where we don't see the demon but rather the effect it's having on the world, like the smoking hoofprints in the forest being left by something we can't even see, are VERY effective.
- Watch It for the Meme: A lot of Kate Bush fans found out about this film through her song Hounds of Love, which opens with the sampled line "It's in the trees, it's coming!"