YMMV: Nickelodeon Guts
- Ear Worm: The theme song, and its remix on My Family's Got GUTS.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: A former contestantnote did a webcomic about his experiences on the show in its first season, and how it affected him afterwards. The results weren't pretty note , and haunted him for the rest of his life.
- Moment of Awesome: Any time a player got a perfect score (first place finishes in all five events). Not to mention the 1993 All-Star Special, in which three contestants who received perfect scores competed against each other.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: The show had a video game in 1993 for the SNES. Many fans stated that the game had repetitive gameplay, annoying music/sounds, there were more girls than boys (a 6:2 ratio) when you had to choose a character, and the fact that the Aggro Crag, the final level, was a glorified Basic Training level... basically, the game sucked. Oh, and there was no Mike O'Malley, but there was Mo.
- Replacement Scrappy: Asha Kuerten, but the majority place Ben Lyons squarely in this Trope. Part of the reason could be due to Mike and Moira not being employed at the time. It wasn't the last time Lyons would be this trope, either.
- Shipping/Ship Tease: Mike and Moira got along (at least until Global GUTS, where they had to be serious) but the duo were being their usual selves in the Behind The Scenes special (if the fans watched it, as said series was incredibly rare and only shown during special days on Nickelodeon GAS). As a result, fans thought that they were married. However, Moira was already married to comedian Michael Rayner, but is still friends with Mike. note Still, some of the fans thinking about this Trope was different, considering that it was one of the few Nickelodeon game shows to have a male host and a female co-host who didn't act like the announcer.
- That One Level: The Aggro Crag which got harder as the series progressed. They didn't rename it the Mega Crag or Super Aggro Crag for nothing. The Obvious Rule Patch added to Boulder Canyon in Global GUTS didn't help. The final version of the Crag combined the boulder aspects of the Aggro with the flying confetti and favors everywhere. And if you didn't hit all of the actuators, the ref would force you to go back down and hit any remaining ones.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: My Family's Got GUTS, where both Mike and Moira were replaced by Ben and Asha, the games had a family theme, and was a clone of My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad.
- What an Idiot: The sheer number of players crossing over to their opponents' boundaries, even when the rules blatantly stated that it was forbidden, was mind-boggling. Then again, considering it probably takes a good amount of concentration to focus on what you're doing yourself in physical challenges like these, they could forget where the boundaries are.