YMMV: New York Undercover
- Awesome Music: The theme song.
- Magnificent Bastard: Drug dealer-turned-rival of J.C. Williams' Danny Cort, AKA Danny-Up.
- Replacement Scrappy: Malcolm Barker, Nell Dellaney and Alec Stone in season 4.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Season four.
- The Untwist: An episode in which a young girl was raped had the prime suspect being a recently paroled sex offender. The man repeatedly insisted that he was innocent, angrily reminding the detectives that he had served his time and was now trying to get his life back together and lamenting the fact that he couldn't because of what he'd done, seemed genuinely sickened by his previous actions, and was devastated when his mother was killed in a vigilante attack directed at him. At the episode's end, the little girl, who until now had been rendered catatonic by the trauma, was shown pictures of potential suspects and asked if she could identify her assailant. The next scene showed the cops breaking down the door of none other than the convicted rapist who had been declaring his innocence.