- Crosses the Line Twice: Shooting a cow in the head isn't funny. Shooting her while a school bus full of children passing by is.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: the film features a great soundtrack filled with memorable songs from the 80's and 90's.
- Notable examples include "Canned Heat" from Jamiroquai while Napoleon dances, as well as "The Promise" by When In Rome, which plays over the credits.
- Fountain of Memes: The whole damn script has appeared on a t-shirt at some point.
- Hype Backlash: In some ways, the film is boring and awkward on purpose. Whether or not this works or is charming is up to the viewer.
- Jerkass Woobie: Napoleon might get beaten up less if he wasn't so rude to his bullies when they ask him simple questions.
- Though since they often beat him up without being provoked anyway, he probably has a right to be jerks at them back.
- Signature Scene: Napoleon's dance scene during the high school election.
- Squick: The farm lunch scene. Sandwiches covered in flies? Nummy! How about orange juice infused with raw egg?
- Watch It for the Meme: Or at least, the lines all your friends have been repeating ad nauseum.
- Jerkass Woobie: Uncle Rico. In the Animated Adaptation he is despised by pretty much by everyone. At the end of one episode is revealed that he is a very sad and lonely guy.
- So Okay, It's Average: Consensus is mixed like the movie it was based on. Also it didn't stand out much between the much revered Bob's Burgers and the much reviled Allen Gregory both airing around the time it debuted, the series was quietly cancelled after six episodes.