YMMV: Nanny McPhee
- Adaptation Displacement: The movie was adapted from a series of books called Nurse Matilda, with several changes.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: In the sequel, the uncle lets all the farm's piglets out of their pen and the children have to hunt them down, and Nanny McPhee decides that dragging out this task further will teach them a lesson in teamwork. Which justifies making the pigs harder to catch by granting them some speed and agility, but seriously... synchronized swimming?
- Even Better Sequel: Nanny McPhee Returns, according to reviewers.
- Fridge Logic: In the sequel, the two boys headed to the War office in the capital to ensure they had proof that the Disappeared Dad was still alive... yet they hear the news and immediately leave empty-handed? At least grab the paper ribbon code thingy from the radio guy first...
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Moral Event Horizon: In the sequel, Phil's forging of the telegram.