The video game
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: The game attempted to avert this by making the addicts look mostly creepy and pathetic. The cops, on the other hand, stride through the streets blowing people up with rocket launchers.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Blowing up drug dealers might sound fine, but real world police and government attitudes towards drug dealers was actually a bit lax overall, until the 1996 murder of Veronica Guerin in Ireland not only pushed the Irish government to fight drug cartels harder, but other world governments as well.
- Hell Is That Noise: The buzzing of deadly giant roaches. Don't try to fight them off, just run to the exit before they can suck all your lives away!
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: The final boss. Especially when he explodes into a skull on an extending spine.
- JonTron: I've never seen a game go from a perfect 0 to a perfect 10 so quickly.
- Nightmare Fuel: The final fight against Mr. Big's giant noggin. And then his giant skull. Then some giant roaches that come out his giant skull. For such an aggressively anti-drug plot, this boss fight seems to have been the direct result of someone ingesting many, many different types of mood-altering substances. Which is why its "anti-drug" message has a very tongue-in-cheek flavor.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Irony of ironies...Between the giant skull final boss, a pornographer clown, and the sheer audacity of solving drug crimes with rocket launchers (and the glittering shrapnel from blown-up enemies), it's safe to say that this trope is in effect.