YMMV: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 21 Santa Claus
YMMV tropes in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode featuring the movie Santa Claus:
- Acceptable Targets:
Mike (as Santa): Oh — I forgot France! Oh, well.
- As Santa flies back home:
- When the movie shows the multicultural workforce of Santa, Tom and Crow make several rude jokes (the Italians planning to whack Santa, Tom really lays in France for some reason, and Crow makes a joke about British Teeth), prompting Mike to tell them both that they've "offended everyone, now."
- Crow finally makes a crack at American kids, saying that they "Are too spoiled and lazy to help Santa. There, that makes it all better now."
- Crowning Moment of Funny
Crow: There's a dollar in every one! My chain letter scam worked!
Santa: (reading a child's letter) "Dear Santa, please send me a little brother."Crow: "Oh, ho ho ho! Can do! Can do!"
- Another example:
Tom Servo: This is funny, I don't care what anyone says.
- When Pitch gets hit with a dart, Tom's line pushes it from worthy of a chuckle to this trope;
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pitch, who also appeared in Devil Doll selling Crow a line of devil dolls and teaching him how to remove Tom Servo's soul and place it in a toaster strudel.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- Nightmare Fuel: The Trope Namer. An animatronic Santa at a department store inspires Crow T. Robot to quip "That's some good old-fashioned nightmare fuel."